Jacqueline Marcell, B.S. (bio)
International Speaker, Bestselling Author, Radio Host, Publisher, Consultant
|Contact:|| Jacqueline Marcell, B.S.|
|Mailing Address: ||3141 Michelson Dr. Suite 606, Irvine, California, United States of America 92612|
|findCE GPA: ||This speaker is not yet rated. Click here to view a sample report card|
Click here to rate Jacqueline Marcell, B.S.
|"Jacqueline, thank you so much for your superb presentation at our Alzheimer's Research Seminar. The audience included dementia specialists, senior neurologists, neuro-psychologists, scientists, nurses, students, and family caregivers who came from New England specifically to hear you. And what a fabulous presentation it was! Your ability to combine humor, personal insight, wisdom, and critical meaningful guidance to all of us involved in the care for those with dementia was sensational. Each gained useful tips and tools that will enrich our professional practices and personal experiences."
—R. Stern, Ph.D., Director, Alzheimer's Disease & Research Program, Boston University School of Medicine
Fields of Interest:
|Medicine, Mental Health, Psychiatry, Public Health, Nursing, Career/Lifestyle, Health/Wellness/Nutrition, Journalism/Writing, Media/Broadcasting, Memory/Mind Mapping, Motivation/Inspiration, Retirement, Stress Management, Case Management, End-of-Life Care, Family Practice, Fraud and Abuse, Geriatrics, Healthcare Management, Internal Medicine, Long Term/Home Health Care, Managed Care, Medical, Medical Education, Neurology, Oncology, On-Site Care/Wellness Programs, Palliative Care, Patient Care Management, Social Work/Sciences, Women’s Health, Aging, Balance in Life, Womens Issues, Writing Skills, Behavioral Science, Gerontology, Psychotherapy, Public Speaking, Health & Wellness , Grief Loss and Life Transitions, Cancer Research, Primary Care, Healthcare, PTSD|
Most Requested Topics/Programs:
- Laughter and Tears in the Caregiving Years
- Managing Family Career Elderly Parents and You!
- Chemo Coping With Comedy
- Self-Publishing Secrets
- How to Obtain 50 Prestigious Endorsements for Your Book
- Summit County Department of Job and Family Services in Akron Ohio
- Pennsylvania Assisted Living Association
- Elder Planning Conference for Insurance/Financial Advisors & Real Estate Agents & Lawyers in Las Vegas
- Coalition on Aging Conference in Scranton PA
- New Culture of Caregiving in the 21st Century in San Antonio Texas
- Behavioral & Medical Management of the Elderly Patient at Central Michigan University
- Improving Effective Communication Among Caregivers at San Pedro Hospital CA
- Commonwealth Club in San Francisco
- National Automobile Dealers Association Convention Spouse Program Moscone Center in San Francisco
Health Etcetera Conference at Bill Graham Auditorium in San Francisco
|Speaker 's Fees:||$5001 to $10000|
|Length of presentation:||1-6 hours|
|Travels From:||Southern California|
|Target Audience - Other:||Students to Seniors|
|AV Requirements:||wireless mic|
|Visit the Web Site of Jacqueline Marcell, B.S. |
|Airfare: yes||Hotel: yes|
|Food: yes||Mileage: yes|
IRVINE, CA: I barely survived the most wrenching year of my life as the sole caregiver to my aggressive elderly father and sweet but ailing mother, both with early Alzheimer’s not properly diagnosed for over a year. But after fighting through an unsympathetic medical system, having my once-adoring father hauled off by the police for violence (choked me) several times to a psychiatric hospital where he’d promptly be released, and depleting my parents’ life savings and most of my own—with sheer determination I solved the endless crisis medically and behaviorally.
Shocked by what I had endured so needlessly compelled me to give up my stalled career as a television executive to become an advocate for eldercare awareness and reform. Passion to save others from a similar experience, or from getting so frustrated they commit elder abuse, somehow resulted in my first (bestselling) book “Elder Rage”; producing/hosting the “Coping With Caregiving” radio program and interviewing hundreds of healthcare professionals; media including TODAY, CNN, PBS Documentary, Woman’s Day, Prevention, AARP Bulletin cover story; Board of Directors of the FAIR Foundation advocating for Fair Allocations in Research funds from Congress and NIH; writing columns for AgingCare.com, HealthCentral.com and ThirdAge.com; and hundreds of keynotes/presentations including to the California Governor’s Conference, numerous chapters of the Alzheimer’s Association and Area Agencies on Aging, National Security Agency and Florida House of Representatives.
MOTIVATIONAL PRESENTATIONS are easily modified to the focus/theme of an event and adjusted to any group from students to seniors (CEU &CME for healthcare professionals/doctors). I also speak to all types of corporations on how to increase productivity and reduce absenteeism, educating employees within an uplifting message on overcoming obstacles: “Managing Family, Career, Elderly Parents and You!” And since I was a college professor in my first life, I keep an audience “edu-tained” with poignant and humorous anecdotes amid interesting key points. I also speak about surviving invasive breast cancer (six surgeries/numerous complications), sharing insights gained from both sides of the caregiving aisle. I stress the importance of closely monitoring our own health, promoting the value of gratitude, affirmations and humor—and never giving up!
TOPICS: Many of these can be included within any length presentation you prefer:
• Normal Aging/Senior Moments vs. Dementia/Alzheimer’s: Warning Signs, Stages, Types, Statistics
• Finding the Right Medical Team for Accurate Diagnosis, Prognosis and Treatment
• Preparing for Our Later Years and Dementia Prevention
• Dementia Behavior Modification: Distraction/Redirection, Reminiscence, Validation, Rewards
• See Doctor, Take Meds, Eat, Stop Driving, Accept Caregiver, Attend Day Care, Move, etc.
• Aggression, Depression, Delusions, Hallucinations, Repetition, Sun-downing, Wandering
• Adult Day Care, Activities, Consistent Time for Meals, Exercise, Bedtime
• Safety-Proofing the Environment, Grants
• Elder Law Attorney’s, LTC Insurance, Financial/Legal Issues
• Hiring Caregivers and Geriatric Care/Case Managers
• Adult Protective Services, Elder Abuse, Neglect, Exploitation
• Moving to Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, Dementia Care
• Resources, Products, Support Groups, Respite, Hospice
• Affirmations, Gratitude, Humor, Spirituality, Faith
• Care for the Caregiver, Coping with Siblings, Stress, Guilt, Grief, PTSD
ELDER RAGE: is a Book-of-the-Month Club selection (the first time a book on caregiving ever selected), receiving 257 five-star Amazon reviews and being considered for a film. Over 50 endorsements include: Hugh Downs, Regis Philbin, John Hopkins Memory Clinic and Harvard Medical School. The Addendum by renowned neurologist/dementia specialist, Rodman Shankle, MS MD (former Medical Director UCI Alzheimer’s Center), makes it also valuable for healthcare professionals/doctors and required text at numerous universities for courses in geriatric assessment and management.
MISSIONS: Help improve eldercare laws; encourage long-term care planning; enlighten healthcare professionals how to better help families they work with; provide caregivers with solutions, hope, empowerment to put their health first; advocate for fair funding from Congress/NIH for Alzheimer’s research and heighten early diagnosis awareness; expose elder abuse/exploitation; bring attention to Adult Day Care which saved my parents’ lives as well as my own. I’ve testified before the Assistant Secretary on Aging and received a Media Award from the National Adult Day Services Association. I was also honored with “Advocate of the Year” from the National Association of Women Business Owners at their Remarkable Women Awards.
FEE: Please call to discuss the details of your event so I can then quote a fee: 949-975-1012.