Breast Cancer Research 2010 Conference (description)
"Breast Cancer Research 2010"
|Category:||Applied Research Methods, Biochemistry, Bioscience, Biotechnology, Cancer Research, Cell Biology, Chemistry, Dietetics/Nutrition, Fitness & Exercise, Genetics, Health/Wellness/Nutrition, Human Genetics, Medical, Medical Sciences, Medical Updates, Nutrition, Occupational Medicine, Oncology, Pain Management, Palliative Care, Radiography, Radiology, Surgery, Ultrasound, Women’s Health|
|Address:|| , , |
|findCE GPA: ||This event is not yet rated. Click here to view a sample report card|
Click here to rate Breast Cancer Research 2010 Conference
Topics to be Covered:
- Professor Robert E. Coleman, MD, FRCP, FRCPE
Professor John Bartlett, BSc, PhD, FRCPath
- We look forward to a packed and varied programme that will encompass all aspects of breast cancer research, from prevention right through to treatment and beyond.
The day will consist of a single plenary session comprising of:
• Eminent keynote speakers who will showcase their research
• Five scientific presentations selected from the best abstract submissions
• An extensive selection of poster presentations
Confirmed keynote speakers, both experts in their fields, will be giving presentations on the following topics:
Professor Robert E. Coleman, MD, FRCP, FRCPE
Presenting on: ‘Recent advances in treatment of metastatic breast cancer’
Professor Coleman is Professor and Honorary Consultant Medical Oncologist in the Academic Unit of Clinical Oncology at the Cancer Research Centre, Weston Park Hospital, Sheffield. He is also Director of the Cancer Research Centre in Sheffield, Chairman of the National Cancer Research Institute Breast Cancer Study Group in the UK and Past-President of the Cancer and Bone Society.
Professor John Bartlett, BSc, PhD, FRCPath
Presenting on: ‘Biomarkers for the diagnosis and prediction of therapeutic response in clinical breast cancer’
Professor Bartlett is Professor of Molecular Pathology at Edinburgh University with a major focus on translational science in breast cancer. He is an active translational researcher, a member of the steering committees on a number of phase III clinical trials and chairman of the pathology sub-committee of the TEAM trial, now the largest trial of adjuvant endocrine therapy conducted in breast cancer.
|Specialty:||Data not provided|
|Event frequency:||Less than once per year|
|Est. attendance: |
Registration Fee Details:Registration Fees
REGISTRATION EARLY BIRD DEADLINE: 26 February 2010
Current Campaign grant holder/researchers/SAB
Registration Fee – no charge
Registration, travel and accommodation costs covered by Campaign (seeguidelines)
In order for us to process your registration, we will require your grant code.
1. You must be a current Campaign grant holder or a researcher whose salary is supported by a Campaign grant at the time of registration. Please note this registration category is NOT available to co-applicants or collaborators.
2. If you become a Campaign grant holder after registering for the event, you (and staff directly employed on your grant) will be eligible for these benefits. Registration costs will be refunded to you after the event as will expenses (seeguidelines). Contact theorganisersfor more information.
3. Delegates who register in this category are expected to travel to the conference and back in a day, where possible. As travel and accommodation costs are limited, expenses claims should fall within theguidelinesset by the charity).
Past Campaign grant holder/researcher/retired SAB (completed after 17 May 2009)
Registration fee on or before
26 February 2010 Registration fee on or after
27 February 2010
Campaign grantee/researchers whose grant finishes up to 12 months before the conference i.e. 17 May 2009 can claim costs of registration, travel, accommodation and subsistence from the travel section of their grant if there are sufficient funds. Please check with your institute’s finance department.
Non-Campaign breast cancer researchers
Registration fee on or before 26 February 2010
Registration fee on or after 27 February 2010
Consultants £105.00 £155.00
Technical staff £80.00 £105.00
PhD student £55.00 £80.00
Friend of Campaign (by invitation only) £30.00 £30.00
Registration and payment
The registration fee includes access to all scientific sessions, conference materials, lunch, and refreshments and VAT.
How to register
Past Campaign grant holders/researchers/SAB and Non-Campaign delegates who are required to pay a registration fee can register using a secure credit card payment site, clickhereto access the site.
Campaign-supported delegates whose costs are covered, can register by clickinghere
Alternatively, you can print off a copy of the Registration Form in PDF format by clickinghere
• Cheques should be made payable to “BCC Scientific Conference 2010”
• Card payments can be made by credit card: Visa, MasterCard or American Express, or debit card: Visa Delta, or Maestro.
• We are not able to accept payment by American Express online.
• All online card payments (both credit and debit cards) are subject to an additional charge of 2.95%
• For hard copy registration forms the additional 2.95% charge only applies to credit cards (not debit cards).
• Card payments cannot be taken by telephone as written authorisation is required.
• We regret invoices cannot be raised for registration fees
• Registration fees include access to all scientific sessions, conference materials, lunch, refreshments and VAT.
Other items that tuition includes:
Travel and hotel arrangements:
|Contact Person:||Conference Manager|
|Organizer State/Province: (Outside US)|
|Organizer Country||Data not provided|
|Structural makeup||Data not provided|
|Event Site/Venue||The Royal Society London|
|Event sold out?||No|
|Multiple locations or dates?||No|
|Statistics available for most recent event held in:||NA|
|Average number in event attendance of:|
|Number in attendance of:|
|Refund Policy:||Cancellations and refunds
Please note that named substitutions can be made at any time. Payment of any refunds due will be made by the Secretariat after the conference.
Cancellations received in writing will be refunded at the following rates:
On or before 1st March: 2010 50% of registration fee refunded
2nd March – 5th April: 2010 25% of registration fee refunded
After 6th April 2010: no refund can be made
|Is Registration contact information the same as Organizer Contact above?||Yes|
|Web Page |
|Can one register for your CE on your web site?||Yes|
|Can registration be made by snail (regular) mail?||Yes|
|Online housing reservations:|| |
|Do you have additional written or AV materials for sale?||No|
|If so, are they available for non-attendees as well as those attending?||NA|
|Is full tuition necessary to ensure registration?||No|
|Will there be shuttle service available?||NA|
|Abstract information:||Abstract Submission Deadline is Friday 20th November 2009.|