Breast Imaging from A to Z: Read Like (or Better Than!) the Experts at The Sofitel Hotel on Collins (description)
Session 1 will take the attendee through the histopathologic basis for benign and malignant breast disease with imaging correlates. Conventional topics with simplified and novel strategies are presented to both review and advance the practice of mammography and ultrasound.
Session 2 focuses on imaging diagnoses for which surveillance may be reasonable and will emphasize techniques and analytic parameters regarding intervention and tissue diagnosis.
Session 3 will address the critical issues of breast density risk assessment as well as perspectives on supplementary screening such as whole breast ultrasound and tomosynthesis.
Session 4 explores in depth both current and evolving concepts and strategies in MRI interpretation with review of literature and case based presentation.
Session 5 explores the issues of medical legal accountability in interpretation and communication as well as providing strategies to avoid liability.
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
1. Analyze the histopathologic basis for benign and malignant breast lesions
2. Analyze more robust and simplified methods of evaluating asymmetries commonly seen at screening and diagnostic settings
3. Assess criteria for imaging diagnoses of benign, probably benign, and suspicious imaging findings on mammography, ultrasound, MRI
4. Assess Criteria For Imaging Diagnoses And Need For Tissue Diagnosis Of Identified Breast Lesions
5. Determine suitability for nonpalpable lesions subject to imaging surveillance as opposed to biopsy
6. Analyze applications, techniques, and pitfalls of stereotactic, ultrasound, and MRI-guided biopsy
7. Evaluate the basis and evidence for recommending surgical excision of "high risk" lesions determined by percutaneous biopsy
8. Analyze current issues involved in breast density evaluation including risk and supplementary screening indications
07:30 to 17:00
|Organizer State/Province: (Outside US)|
|Organizer Country||Data not provided|
|Structural makeup||Data not provided|
|Host Sponsor; Other Sponsors||CME Science|
|Event Site/Venue||The Sofitel Hotel on Collins|
|Event sold out?||No|
|Multiple locations or dates?||No|
|Statistics available for most recent event held in:||NA|
|Average number in event attendance of:|
|Number in attendance of:|
|Is Registration contact information the same as Organizer Contact above?||Yes|
|Web Page ||https://go.evvnt.com/80409-1|
|Can one register for your CE on your web site?||NA|
|Can registration be made by snail (regular) mail?||Yes|
|Online housing reservations:|| |
|Do you have additional written or AV materials for sale?||No|
|If so, are they available for non-attendees as well as those attending?||NA|
|Is full tuition necessary to ensure registration?||No|
|Will there be shuttle service available?||NA|