Cardiology Update: The Heart of the Matter 2018 offers a wide spectrum of topics in congestive heart failure/pulmonary hypertension, coronary artery diseases, cardiac arrhythmias, preventive cardiology, sports cardiology and valvular heart disease, among others. Self-assessment modules will be offered.
This course is intended for health care professionals in the following specialties: practicing adult cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons, cardiovascular trainees, general internists, family medicine specialists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and nurses with a cardiovascular interest.
Learning Objectives - Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Review indications, use, and limitation of different types of anticoagulants in a diverse spectrum of cardiovascular diseases.
- Explain the current indications and contra-indications for TAVR, mitral valve clip and potential new indications for percutaneous tricuspid valve replacement.
- Apply the latest hypertension and cardiovascular (CV) guidelines to improve overall morbidity/mortality rates.
- Describe practice changes to improve care for patients with congenital heart disease.
- Summarize guidelines to increase preventive care for patients with CV diseases.
- Review issues related to cardiovascular adaptations to exercise.
- Identify cardiovascular conditions of risk for the practice of competitive sports.
- Apply current guidelines for the treatment of congestive heart failure (CHF) and atrial fibrillation (AF.)
- Describe clinical features of primary pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Time: on Thursday August 02, 2018 at 12:00 pm (ends Sunday August 05, 2018 at 12:00 pm)
|Contact Person:||Whitney Prewitt|
|Organizer State/Province: (Outside US)|
|Organizer Country||Data not provided|
|Organizer Phone||480-301- 4580|
|Structural makeup||Data not provided|
|Host Sponsor; Other Sponsors||Mayo Clinic - School of Continuous Professional Development|
|Event Site/Venue||Enchantment Resort|
|Event sold out?||No|
|Multiple locations or dates?||No|
|Statistics available for most recent event held in:||NA|
|Average number in event attendance of:|
|Number in attendance of:|
|Is Registration contact information the same as Organizer Contact above?||Yes|
|Web Page ||https://go.evvnt.com/229938-1?pid=5188|
|Can one register for your CE on your web site?||NA|
|Can registration be made by snail (regular) mail?||Yes|
|Online housing reservations:|| |
|Do you have additional written or AV materials for sale?||NA|
|If so, are they available for non-attendees as well as those attending?||NA|
|Is full tuition necessary to ensure registration?||NA|
|Will there be shuttle service available?||NA|